Friday, September 9, 2011

FAB (Fit After Birth) Stories - Marijanne Gordanifar

This week's FAB mum is Marijanne Gordanifar.  She is featured in our series of FAB (Fit After Birth) Mum Stories, where we celebrate mums who are actively embracing motherhood with Ready Steady Mums.

Marijanne is mum to little Isabella, who is 10 months old now. She is gorgeous and fashionable. She turns heads, she's a really yummy mummy! This is her Ready Steady Mums success story.

Marijanne: I had a rubbish birth experience, no need to say much more than that (!), it was all about the end result - my darling baby Isabella. 

Still, my own body felt horrible. Getting started was tough.

The hardest thing about getting back into shape was time!!! I was also soooo tired initially.  My Mum was a great help and would have Isabella for an hour now and again..My husband just kept telling me I could do it!

Personally, I was very motivated by tracking the progress I was making on my girth measurements through Ready Steady Mums. I recorded them from right after Isabella was born until I was back to a size 10.
We both felt pretty at Isabella's christening,
this is the dress I wore at my engagement party...
I fit in it again - hurray!
Now that I've completed my programme, the best thing about being back in fabulous shape is feeling more confident when I am out and about and feeling like myself again. I was thrilled to have the confidence to wear a bikini on our first family holiday.

My advice for all news mums is to really try and find the time to exercise...it gives you the break that you need, and when you feel good about yourself I think your positivity rubs off on your baby! Isabella is a relaxed and calm baby, she's also happy and great fun to be with...I love being her Mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment