Tuesday, May 15, 2012

athletics vs. childbirth - and your views please!


Good luck CUAC in
Varsity on 19th May 

Today I'm pondering my pending challenge: my second child's birth, due a week from now.

I've decided birth is a bit like racing the 400 metre hurdles. In ignorant bliss we'll agree to do it once. Then we realise how tough it actually is. We might refuse to do it ever again. Otherwise, we dread it like we should have done the first time round!

The 400m hurdles never got any easier, I just got more hard-core. I'll report back on childbirth.

Meanwhile, while I take a break from blogging for a couple of weeks please can you, my lovely readers take over?

Since last summer I've been blogging about all sorts of stuff related to motherhood, exercise, diet, health etc. My favourite entries are the ones where I interview an expert, and I'm aiming to do that more.

What are your favourite things to read about on my blog?
Is there anyone you'd really like me to interview?...What topics matter most to you?... What else would make my blog totally brilliant for you?

Thank you for sharing your suggestions. Can't wait to read them when I get back on-line.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a report back on how the birth went and of course lots of lovely pictures of little baby T. Am very excited to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - we cant wait to meet Tuncer No.2! Also I think it would be great to interview a nursery/primary school teacher to give tips on how to go about applying to schools, what sort of schools there are on offer, what you want for your child etc etc. It really seems like a mine field when it comes to this part in our lives of choosing a school - or even finding a school that will take our child! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the personal stuff as we're always interested in your life! Getting other mum's to contribute to your blog would be great - so more comments please from everyone... For those of us who are already doing it second time round, and those considering it it would be good to get your views and those of others on the differences - right from the birth to coping with 2, fitting everything in etc. I've found it different in virtually every respect - from the birth, breastfeeding, sleeping - and the impact that it's had on my life in terms of how I manage with 2 kids and organise everything I need to do is a daily challenge. Be great to read more about this - perhaps interview some 2nd time mummies - and 3rd and 4th if you can find any that have time to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, i agree, think the blog is great. It's great to read about someone's personal journey especially when it's someone you know as makes it that much more relevant particularly when you are going through the same things.

    With a number two on the way myself will be wathcing closely to see how you get on and on the look out for any tips!

    Em
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy, hope all is going well, and you will give us an update soon on developments!

    I've really enjoyed the blog, especially the variety of topics from fitness, to setting up your own business and all the baby/toddler stuff as well. I've also really enjoyed other people's contributions.

    Hope you have time to keep it up!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete