Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let's get fit for FREE! Happy Birthday Ready Steady Mums

One year ago today we launched Ready Steady Mums! What a brilliant year we've had.

A big thank you to all the mums, especially the volunteers, who have been part of RSM in our first year.

To celebrate, Ready Steady Mums is TODAY removing the existing monthly subscription and providing free virtual personal training and free local community exercise sessions.

All mums, no matter what your budget, you now have access to tailored fitness advice and exercises that have been created specifically for new mums at www.readysteadymums.com.

I am so happy and proud of the confidence and community spirit we've helped build so far. And I'm really excited to be able to make fitness totally inclusive and available to all mums.

Here's what I've loved most about the first year of Ready Steady Mums:
  • The mums who have told me "Ready Steady Mums has changed my life". You guys saying things like that fills me with joy!
  • The generous volunteers who contribute to their local communities by running weekly exercise sessions for other mums. You're making a real difference to how lots of mums experience motherhood.
  • Being made a national partner of Sport England's Sport Makers programme so our volunteers are officially part of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic legacy. 
  • Our first Licensed Ready Steady Mums Instructors who have joined our Licensed Instructor scheme. RSM members are enjoying your expert pre and postnatal exercise classes and 1:1 training in pilates, cardio, strength training, core conditioning, yoga and more. 
  • Our excellent reviews and endorsements for our Proper Exercise in Pregnancy DVD and our Virtual Personal Training Service from top medical professionals.
  • Analysing barriers to exercise for mums, and continually improve our service, as well as sharing our insights with others aiming to improve health and fitness for women - e.g. The Royal College of Obstricians and Gynaecologists and The Womens' Sport and Fitness Foundation.
  • Changing attitudes through our campaigning for safe exercise in pregnancy and beyond, and healthy eating.
And as for me? I started developing RSM when I was just pregnant... and now I have 2 baby boys under 2! I'm loving seeing FAB mums get fit and happy with us. I'm inspired by them and what RSM is doing. I'm working hard to keep it all going. Thanks for helping, you know who you are.

My vision for RSM is to make it a huge and far-reaching force for good in the community. And on our first birthday today I'm so happy to announce that we're making our services free. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment