Friday, March 1, 2013

Mad Mum On A Trampoline

Pelvic floor vs. Trampoline!


I've heard the story: first time a mum goes on a trampoline with her kids she realises the old pelvic floor isn't quite as "recovered" as she'd hoped.

And I admit, even after properly following my Ready Steady Mums programme, "boinging" up and down on a trampoline is not something I'm comfortable with.

So I decided to improvise.

This is a video of the main exercise involved in "Katy Tuncer's trampoline training for mums". Quite hard work actually - although I do look a little bit deranged :)

A good way to entertain two babies and get fit - without trashing the pelvic floor...

Tips:

  • go to the loo before you go on the trampoline
  • don't stand on your babies (in fact I should probably say "don't do this at all")
  • keep your upper body poised while you do knee lifts
  • use your arms too
  • have fun!

My two year old thinks it's hilarious and is obsessed with going outside "on the boing". My 9 month-old at least enjoys the fresh-air and giggles along.

Anyone else tried it?

Happy weekend everyone
xx

PS PLEASE buy/review our Pregnancy Exercise DVD on Amazon if you live in the USA or Canada. We're raising funds to grow our volunteer programme. A million thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment