Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Words My Two Year Old Knows

My dear son Hector, I wonder how old you'll be when you first start reading mummy's blog. Well when you do this one's for you. It's about time you got some more attention. You got me going with all this actively embracing motherhood fun in the first place!

Well you're almost two years old now, and I think you know one hundred and twenty-eight words in English. These words are all ones you can say yourself.

(You understand thousands of course, including the Turkish ones you've heard in "family talking Turkish" time over dinner. But even I don't intend to list and categorise those here as well.)

Now before I share this list of words, please help me with one thing: What on earth does "afaee" mean? You say it ALL THE TIME.

Here you are saying afaee:

Ok so here are your words. I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to your comment my darling!


Moving words
Jump
Go
Stop
Boing
Cuddle
Peepbo
Pull
Up
Wait
Sleep
Wobble
Beep beep
Bump
Walk




Eating words
Water
Cup
Bib
Raspberry
Strawberry
Yoghurt
Knife
Spoon
Fork
Table
Chair
Chocolate
Sweetie
Pear
Banana
Toast
Cake
Juice
Tea
Dinner
Blueberry
Milk
Egg
Pasta
Crisps
Cheese
Grape
Apple


Asking and describing words
Please
Thank you
Yes
No
Sorry
Mine
More
Dirty
Cold
Hot
Dark
Light
Tick tock
Cheers
Later
Ready
Hello
Bye bye
Gone
Two
Asleep
Stuck
Outside



People
Mummy
Daddy
Alaric
Hector
Grandma
Rob
Alan
Freddie
Dede
Doreen
GG


Things
Rubbish
Leaf
Flower
Train
Tree
Window
Coat
Shoe
Sock
Swing
Bike
Hat
Phone
Star
Car
Door
Clock
Trousers
Bath
Keys
Stone
Hood
Ball
Balloon
Teddy
Baby



Body and body-functions
Foot
Eye
Ear
Nose
Mouth
Hand
Teeth
Arms
Poo
Wee
Nappy
Wipe



Animals (noises not counted)
Sheep
Tiger
Rabbit
Frog
Duck
Dog
Ladybird
Horse
Sheep
Monkey
Duck
Crab
Turtle
Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment