Join RSM on Facebook or Twitter (@FitMumTips) to get your daily tips from other real mums and start actively embracing motherhood with us.
Here's the latest round-up:
Top PRACTICAL tips
- Good buggy pushing posture: tummy in, shoulders back and down, elbows in, back straight, chin in, chest up... BE PROUD!
- While you feed baby, turn your head side to side and rotate your shoulders backwards. Good to ease the baby-carrying stiffness.
- Wear 2 bras for exercise if you don't have a sports bra yet (but you should really get one!).
- Take a water-bottle out with you and stay hydrated, especially while the sunshine lasts.
- Get out with your buggy and walk as much as possible - it's more interesting for your baby than being stuck in the car.
- Stock up on healthy snacks to eat regularly (esp. if breast feeding) to keep energy levels up and deal with sleep deprivation.
- Avoid backache, put your changing table higher than you think.
- Shower twice a day for a week after birth to avoid infections and make sure you feel (and smell) gorgeous.
- Drink a glass of water every time you breastfeed.
- Incorporate exercises into playtime with your baby - when your baby is doing 'tummy time', get down on the floor and do it too!